Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Humbug!

Premier title sequence website 'Art of the Title' feature Searle's work on the film 'Scrooge'. The artwork was recently auctioned off at Bonhams and I've added all the images to the relevant section of this site here. If any buyers are reading I'd love to get some hi-res scans for my Searle archive. I can be contacted at the email link in my Blogger profile.

Art of the Title previously featured Searle's titles for 'Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines' here.

A recent curiosity I discovered was the Ronald Searle 'Cork-Scrooge' - a rare oddity I'd never heard of. Info here.





. . .and one last Christmas treat! Ulli Lust writes a report (in German) on his visit to the Searle archive in Hanover, with several good photos. I was fortunate to spend 2 days there back in 2010- it's Searle heaven! See the blog here
Merry Christmas!

No comments: